Fanciful, Extensive, Elaborate


I thought I had overdone with Matthew's 1st birthday celebration by printing birthday invites and getting a magician and balloonist for the party. Venue was a function room at a clubhouse with buffet spread and balloon decoration. Oh boy! Then I realised ... that other mummies were planning a real ELABORATE birthday party. Mine was really a 小屋见大屋.





Photo Credit
http://messages.365greetings.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/birthday-invitation-template.jpg


Birthday invites are fanciful and vibrant with their cute bub's face like the above. Eh... Matthew's was a simple, old fashioned birthday invite which I probably would not have it if not, his party is close to Xmas and I am afraid invited guests would miss the magician part.


Then I realise dessert table is extremely IN now.


Photo Credit
http://www.mazelmoments.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Teal-and-Pink-Dessert-Table.jpg

I have to agree that a dessert table would add on the "WOW" factor and it could be the centre of attraction, not just for eating but also for photo taking. But really, does anyone seen a dessert table get cleared out? Hmm... sense and sensible tell me that a dessert table would be great for wedding but not when invited guests are little children.





photo credit
http://www.theartofcupcake.com/wp-content/uploads/
2012/06/93340_cupcake_Teddy-Bear-Fondant-Birthday-Cake-And-Cupcakes.jpg

Birthday would not be completed with a beautiful fondant cake. To me, fondant cake looks too good to eat or even slice it. And what has happened to the good old cream cake? With all these new inputs, I suddenly thought of a good theme for Matt's party... maybe we should go RETRO... and get a basic cream cake with that number one figure sprinkled with chocolate rice at the side.


Regardless of what, I am sure all parents love their bubs and would want them to have a memorable 1st birthday. I definitely could not replicate such extensive and elaborate party planning. But I do hope Matt and all his friends (including adult guests) would have a good time.


Comments

Angeline said…
Ha! No worries.... Adult guests will definitely enjoy Matt's RETRO party =)
Les Pommes said…
haha... dunno if it is really going to be RETRO. But is close to Xmas... time to be merry and festive!