A Special Saturday


It was indeed extraordinary because it was something I never thought it could actually happened and the big deal was .......

I took over driving the whole day and without the hubby.

Okay, it was a big deal because I never thought I could drive. Although I got my licence way back in 2004 and passed within my 1st attempt, driving has never intrigued me. I remember I disliked my driving instructor (I took my lesson as a private candidate) and I was always extremely nervous during lesson time. So I really thank the LORD and heaved a big relief when I got a PASS. Afterwhich, the licence has never seen the daylight again.

Fast forward to present time....

I relied heavily on hubby to chauffeur us around and when he had to work on weekends, it was really boring for me and the kids. Sometimes in October, I mustered enough courage to drive myself to the wet market with him sitting besides. With more practices, I got the hang of driving and I started to clock more mileage. When he announced he needed to work today and he would leave the car for me to use, I deliberated where I could bring the kids out.

So today, we managed to pop over to West Coast Plaza to shop at Mothercare and all the way up to Jurong West to pick up my mum. Then it was to JCube and sent my mum home before driving all of us home.

I thank God for journey mercy and His protection for an accident-free day. Really thank God I could park the car decently, filtered in and out of PIE. I survived night driving too. Phew!


photo credit
http://thumbnails.illustrationsource.com/huge.61.305592.JPG


With this new achievement, I feel that I am one step closer and more prepared to be a SAHM (if it really happens).


Comments

Angeline said…
Good job! Well-done! So proud of your achievement =)