Graduated with Flying Colours






my last pump



I have no regrets. Matthew had been on breast milk 99% during his first 6 months. My pump yield had been going strong, getting 160-180ml 4hrly. There were surplus to freeze at times. However, after he turned 6 month old and started weaning, I decided to bottle feed him at night instead of direct latching. That was a very serious mistake. I had severe blocked ducts that cut my supply by half.

Although I had the intention to reduce the pump sessions, I was not prepared to see my milk dipped to less than 100ml per pump. I tried hard to salvage for 2 weeks and now I am emotionally ready to let go.

Matthew is now 7.5 month old and turning 8 month old in 8 days time. I still have frozen EBM for him to clear so what else could I ask for? Jonathan didn't even have such amount of breast milk. So really, I gave myself an A* for this moo moo module.

Looking forward to contribute more in parenting Jon & Matt now!

Comments