Weaning Time!


Matthew has been showing a lot of interests in our food. He even opened his mouth when we held our spoon near his mouth. So after getting the green light from PD, I started Matthew on rice cereal today.







As with Jonathan, I try to give organic stuff to Matthew too, as long as possible. For his first rice cereal, I decided on Healthy Times' Brown Rice which is

(1) a single grain
(2) organic
(3) texture is smooth







I added 3 scoops of the brown rice and mixed with 1 spoon of powder milk. I got slightly less than half a bowl from this mixture.



Matthew opened his mouth readily, eager for his first taste of rice cereal.























But after a few spoons, he started to fuss. Oh dear! I guess he is still not really ready for rice cereal. In the end, the rice cereal was forsaken and Matthew got his milk.






So much for a highly anticipated weaning and the little boy was soundly asleep after his milk.


Comments