movie date


I can't recall when was the last time I stepped into a cinema to watch a movie. Last Friday, seizing the opportunity of my company's movie night, I brought Jonathan to watch Monsters University.


Not the best seats but
aisle seats were good enough for me


I didn't know what Jonathan's reaction would be towards the dark hall and big screen and loud sounds. To prep him for that, I repeatedly told him what we would be doing. We reached early and redeemed our popcorn snacks. Went for early dinner so we could both relax. Then of course, my helpful colleagues helped me with my diaper bag or when I had to go and buy some breads to standby and when I had to diaper change for Jonathan. I guess being early helped a lot. There was enough time for him to get familiar with surroundings.

I grabbed a booster seat on our way into the hall but he didn't want to sit on it. In fact, he didn't want to sit on the seat but on me.




Jonathan in cinema for the very 1st time



just 2 of us


He was not afraid of the dim lights and the loud sounds and big screen. He managed to sit still for the first 15 minutes and started to fidget around the next 15 minutes. Then he started to get off me and wandered at the back of the hall. Several times prompting me to bring him out of the hall. So I called Darren and he came to pick us up. So all in all, we managed to stay inside the cinema hall for an hour with only 15 minutes of real watching of the movie. The rest was spent on one eye trying to watch the movie and another eye, keeping a tab on him.

I guess it would be another 2 more years before he is ready to stay throughout the movie.


Comments