Pastries Galore



Last Sunday, I went on a pastries spree. I was at Joo Chiat and I came across Bread Project. This little shop does mainly on exotic French breads and pastries. I bought one of their orange pie.






I didn't know what came over me. I had Darren to drive all the way to Tiong Bahru to pick up some more pastries from Tiong Bahru Bakery.




Now I really have a lot of pastries to finish.




Here are some of my reviews on my pastries spree:

1. Bread Project's orange pie - The crust was firm but inside was soft. It had a very pleasing orange tingy flavour to it.

2. Kouign Aman Choc - This was delightfully chocolate-ish. Very crispy.

3. Plain Kouign Aman - Delightfully sweet. Not to be attempt unless you have a sweet tooth.

4. Croissant Almond Chocoloate - Surprisingly that it was not heavily laden wtih chocolate chips. This actually worked to its advantage as so not to overcome the croissant's sweetness by itself.

5. Raisin Bun - Crispy with the right amount of raisins.


Note : I did not attempt to finish all the pastries by myself within a day. Hence, some of the original flavours may be lost while transiting from bakery - home - fridge - oven. But nonetheless, the pastries were still delectable after all.



Comments