Update from Mindchamps

all about Jon


Last Friday marked the end of Semester 1 for Jonathan at his playgroup. We received all his handicrafts at school and a CD with photos of him in school and also progress report.

Honestly, I don't put academic learning a priority for Jon at Mindchamps. I selected Mindchamps because their low teacher :  students ratio (1 : 6) and a positive environment. When I toured the school, I was greeted by well behaved children, clean environment and positive vibes from the teachers.

When I had my first Parent-Teacher meeting, I didn't expect to be briefed on what he had been taught.

Well, I must say Jonathan is doing way better than I expected him to, although he is still lag behind compared to his peers.



all his handicrafts

the doggy and cow he made



When I got back his handicrafts, I was quite sure the teachers helped him out. But I had to take back my words. My oh my! Jonathan did all by himself.



painting

making his Father's Day present


While he always make a mess self-feeding at home, over in school, he was so steady at meal times.


feeding



When the school organised a zoo trip in May, I was quite worried how the teachers would be coping with so many of them. And the night before, Jon injuried himself quite badly while we were walking out of the bakery in preparation for his zoo trip. At the end of the day, the teacher told me all went well and Jon really enjoyed himself.



1st excusion to the Zoo


I really attribute his improvement to his playgroup teachers. Really appreciate their tenderness and patience towards Jonathan. Hah... I should then get started to brainstorm on what to get for the teachers on Teachers' Day!


Comments