Lift Upgrading Series


I'm going to track the lift upgrading work since (1) it directly affects me; (2) it is next to me; (3) I'm the end user.

Last Thursday, we came home and found that the workers had cordoned off our area. Our shoe rack and remaining tiles were shifted to the staircase.






Yesterday, there were a lot of hacking which made me felt so ill with all the noise. So we went out to avoid the noise. By the time we came back, I was glad that they were done with our level and had moved down.

I peeped into the little window and realised all the hacking didn't mean that they were hacking away the wall. Darren said that they were probably hacking the ledge first to build reinforcement before tearing down the window grill and hack away the wall to build the extension.

This sure wasn't good news to me. I hope we are away when they finally start to hack away the wall and tear down the window grill and be done by the time we are home.




Comments

Kaxdd said…
It's not fun, and it won't be fast. Mine took 2+years to be fully functional. It's just noise noise and more noise! And they start work at 8.30am in the morning on weekends!