A Weird Nightmare!

Last night, or I should say this early morning at 5am, I woke up in a startle. I thought I forget to set my alarm and was late for work. ( I thought it's already 7am). So after checking my clock and realized it's only 5am, I went back to sleep. But within this 1hr of sleep, I had a very weird nightmare.

It started with me working as a surveyor in Shenton Way. I was doing a survey with this lady and we got into a friendly chat. Then somehow, we went on chatting on phone and she was caught by her boss for talking on the phone for too long.

Next scene, I was back at my old place. It was my wedding day! Oh gosh! I wasn't even prepared. My gown was not ready, I still had not have my makeup one and it was already 11+am. Then Darren came with his bros (Xiong Di) while I didn't even have any bridesmaid (jie meis). At this moment, the shenton way girl appeared and told me she can be my jie mei. It was totally chaotic and the worse was I didn't even know it's my wedding day!

Weird, isn't it?

1. Who's the shenton way girl? In my dream, she has this dark spunky hairdo, with black frames. My reason is I had a brief thought of myself in one of those black frame spectacles. But dark spunky hairdo? Hmm.. could it be because I watched "Little Einstein" with Ariel and among the 4 characters, I decided I like the dark hair girl best?

2. Late for the wedding? Not ready for one? Don't even realize it's my wedding day? My explanation could be because with quite a bit of obstacles on the way, sometimes, I do lose the confidence that a wedding will be held year end. Hence, I still like to tell people, I give them "one month" notice.

3. No Jie Mei? Definitely true. I mean I couldn't even convince myself, ya ya, I'm getting married this year end, how to approach people.

4. My old place at West Coast. In all my dreams, if there's a scene about housing, it will definitely be my old place at West Coast. I don't know why. Perhaps I lived there since I was a baby till 16. I had many memories of that place. My childhood place. I suspect if I'm old and senile, I will definitely still remember the old place at West Coast. The memories are so deeply etched inside my brain that nothing seems to be able to shake it.

But then the strangest among the strange stuff is I am actually preparing for a wedding. I mean properly preparing for one with the involvement of Darren. Oh gosh! Now I'm talking like a Schizophrenia. Must be the flu medication...



Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi ger, I would more than glad to help in being your bridesmaid if your wedding date do not coincide with my dec holidae. ;)