Head - Aching = Headache

Woke up with a headache today. Was on MC for the past 1.5 days. I'm still flu-ing (if there's such a word).



Not sure if it was because I slept too much yesterday. The flu medication is drowsy type. I ended up being drowsy 3x. So last night, I took my last dose but the strange thing was I couldn't fall asleep. In fact, I struggled to fall asleep. I could feel the start of a headache even in my sleep and I got random shoots of fragmented dream. It was not a good sleep.



I analysed my "before" bedtime actives. It coincided with those nights that I would get horrible nightmare or not a peaceful sleep.



1. Before sleeping, watching a comedy or action packed or horror movie/ TV drama. My brain will be so sizzled by the motion pictures that it remains too active for a peaceful night.



2. Failing to mediate on God's words before sleeping. There would be times I get too carried away in doing other stuff, examples no. 1 point above that I skipped my Quiet Time and went to sleep. Each time, I don't read my Bible before I sleep, I don't get a restful sleep.



3. The day's activities are too exciting for me. My brainwaves are still running the extra miles.



Hence, my New Year Resolution No. 2 is - Read my bible before I sleep and never skip my Quiet Time.

Comments