Paddy Hills


We decided to spend Easter Day with a brunch since helper is on her off day. As usual by the time we were ready to leave the house, it was already 10.30am. So a quick google on great places for brunch led us to Paddy Hills and I recalled cousin-in-law posted her gastronomic experience a day ago on Paddy Hills. To make sure we would have a table when we reached, I called for reservation which was politely told, they were not able to take in reservation on weekends.

Nonetheless, we went ahead and was lucky to find a parking lot in shop of the cafe. Unfortunately, the menu I had googled had changed. What we were given is a transition menu that has fewer items on it.

So the kids had only 2 choices - bolognese and Chicken Little


bolognese with tube penned

Bolognese ($12) came first and Jonathan enjoyed it, much to my relief. It wasn't very saucy and on the dry side. The good thing was the capsicum was chopped in bite size so it was easy for me to suss out for fussy Jon.


Chicken Little

Chicken Little ($12) originally came with zoo fries but I changed it to straight cut fries because I know the boys won't eat if they don't see fries in their rectangular shapes. The pink mayo! yes.. the pink mayo was so sweet, I thought it had meant for little girl instead. The bun were actually muffins, slapped thinly with butter, paired with a well done sunny side up with chicken patty. I was glad the fries were not salted and with the pink mayo.. it tasted so yummy that I finished up their remaining side.


黑rice


My 黑rice ($24) was with squid ink rice, dribbled with mentaiko sauce. I was given a choice of beef or chicken and I opted for a medium well beef. The egg wasn't my delight but thankfully the soft boiled egg yolk did not erupt so I could enjoy my dish to the fullest.


Potato and Fish


The man had a simply named dish Potato & Fish ($24) which was anything but simple. The rosti was so finely sliced that you would wonder was it a knife sharpen by diamond? The fish was so fresh and the chef knew it well that it was only lightly seasoned. Paired with a sunny side and fresh lemon, this is one fresh light pairing for a brunch.



Bubbly Yuzu

To wash down our meal, I had Bubbly Yuzu ($8). This drink is a winner for the best drink presentation. The bubbles didn't pop away until you ate it and it had a fruity taste. The yuzu and the sweet grape jello were a good match and I really enjoyed my drink.


Timeless Earl Grey

Timeless Earl Grey ($6.50), how apt is that name. For earl grey is a true classic and I couldn't agree more that it is a timeless tea. The presentation was quite off for a classic tea but the presentation came  as a surprise too.


It was a delightful and satisfying brunch and I would like to go back to try their pancakes and cakes too. Paddy Hills is located at 38 South Buona Vista Road, 118164. The place is right after the famous "99 bends". Bus 200 is the nearest to the cafe. Go try it if you are near the vicinity.


Comments