April's Munich



April is still cold in Munich, but for some reasons, it didn't occur to me I should bring along my winter clothing. So I came barely dressed for the cold temperature and rainy weather.



Marienplatz


It has been hectic since mid-March till now... with local conference, training and a work trip to Munich. On my arrival day, I explored their tram and S-, U-barn system and got some help to purchase a ticket for my tram ride. I had been to Munich 2 years back and thus still have some recollection of the shopping areas eg. the Marienplatz and the central Munich train station.


The weather has been real cold and I have been surviving by layering on. The hotel (Ibis Parkstadt Schwabing) I am staying is in a great neighbourhood. Parkstadt Schwabing is our equivalent of business park. Major international companies set up their offices in this area. There's residential places, supermarket and even kindergarten, all within walking distance. Tram station is about 5 min walk from hotel and 4 stations to Muncher Freitheit, where I could take their underground train to Marienplatz and connected to other areas.

Food has been good and not-so-good. Generally, I quite like Germany and their people. I haven't met anyone that has been nasty to me. But with euro on the high side, shopping doesn't really benefit.

So yup, here I am. All checked in and waiting for my home bound flight. It has been a great work trip which I should tap on the exposure and contribute back more.


Comments