My New Toy - Sony RX 100 III


In 2012 December, I thought I got myself a pretty decent camera to capture the little troopers' action. Turned out that it wasn't that ideal. Although it did have those multiple shot with one click, I later found out that it came with conditions which defeated my purpose.

After 3 years, I think it's high time to move on. So I did with Sony. Sony wasn't my preferred choice but I was won over by it's compact size, ability to match my requirement - low light, fast action, macro shot.



source from Sony 


I didn't get its latest addition, RX 100 IV because the difference between RX 100 III and IV is that the new model came with slow-motion and 4K video function. But for that to happen, a memory card with higher write speed is required, which of course is pricey. On top of that, using such video function would eat up quite a huge chunk of memory space. So the question is : Do I really need such function?


With my new toy in hand, I started to practice shooting with dim light and with the boys.



Portrait with dim light



macro setting



birthday boy glowing with candle light


Woohoo…. I finally got the kind of photos I would like with new toy. In the past, if I wanted to shoot the boys in living room, I would need to turn on all my lights which of course was just too harsh. It can be frustrating and I would never be able to achieve the candle light type of photo with my old toy. New toy gives me the chance to work with macro shot at whim again, much to my delight. Best of all, I finally learnt to shoot under dim light condition.



under harsh fluorescent light

I was pretty awed by how the picture can now turn out to be under harsh fluorescent tubes. The photo turned out to be pretty clean. I am definitely not those pro and serious photographer. But I am happy with the result I got with new toy. So yeah to better photos!


By the way, old and new toys were bought from TK Foto at Funan Digital Mall. Interestingly, they offered 2 types of pricing, cash and credit card. Cash price is 3% lesser compared to credit card. Hubby brought me there to pick camera because his army friend, who also happened to be my ex-colleague, decided to give up an engineering career to pursue his photography interest at the same shop. Avid photographers would have known this shop and the nice people running the show there  = D

Comments