Jonathan's 4th


My little boy has turned 4! We started his birthday celebration with a small family gathering with my side. Ordered Qi Ji's nasi lemak set and popiah and it fed well for a small party.


Thomas Cake from Polar


Unlike last year, I didn't order any fanciful cake for him. It's a 0.5kg small Thomas train cake from Polar and birthday boy was happy enough. I was happy too that there wasn't too much of leftover.


Birthday celebration then continued in school with his class. His birthday cake was from Pine Garden.


fresh cream hazelnut choc cake
cake topper on our own


I enquired from a few bakers which charged me easily over $250 for a 2kg fondant cake although I specified that I wanted a very simple train cake. One baker charged me $350 which I thought was just too exorbitant. For this Pine Garden's cake with delivery, it was less than $120. The cake topper was a Mac Donald's Happy Meal toy which I stumbled upon in my store room.



With his classmates

Woo… 2kg cake was too much for a class' celebration. The initial plan was to have Matt's class over for celebration but there was a girl from his class, celebrating her birthday on the same day as well. Mental note to myself, that 1kg would be sufficient. The teachers had to eat double portion of cakes on the same day… oopsie.




Crayola's Twistable Colour Pencils & Notebook




Goodies Bags


This year I didn't plan well for the goodies bags. We got the brown paper bags from SKP for 10 bags at $9.00 but Daiso had similar bags for $2 (5 bags). I didn't send the stickers for printing earlier and had to pay a premium to get it in before his birthday. The ribbon tape I got from Daiso actually came with double sided tapes. I had wanted to just tie a ribbon round the handle to secure it. So ended up, I need to cut the ribbon tapes and pasted it. Good thing was the goodies bags still turned out quite nicely. Crayola's twistable colour pencils were from Amazon and that's the only thing I bought early before USD raised. Notebook came in a pack for 2 from Daiso. No food items in the bag this year.


after his birthday dinner
at Crystal Jade


We had a simple birthday dinner at Crystal Jade and then we went home to open his presents.



Guess which is from us?




The smile that said it all


With this Thomas Train set from us, Jonathan ended his birthday with sweet dream, no doubt about it.


Comments