Singapore Grieves


23 March 2015








Singapore grieves as our nation founding father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew passed on this early morning at the age of 91. It was an extraordinary Monday with people from all walks of life gathered together to pour out their condolences to our nation's loss.

I didn't expect myself to be penning a post on this remarkable man nor finding myself moved to teary eyes when I heard broadcast on his lifetime achievements. It was strange since I have no ties, I have never even come close in his presence or have any crystal clear impression of our first Prime Minister. Yet, the heart loomed with the news of his passed on. I guess the only link I have with this leader was he set the foundation of this Singapore I know, live, breathe.

You know you have not lived in vain when you leave footprints in others' life.

Mr Lee, you had lived. It is regrettable that you couldn't see the nation's Jubilee Celebration as we enter into our 50th year of independence. But you had fought a good fight. Your legacy will pass down from generation to generation. May God bless your soul and you be in peace, as you reunite with your love.






Comments