Finally! my Char Kway Teow!



I have been observing the snake queue for Guan Kee's Char Kway Teow. Located at Ghim Moh hawker centre, it is by far the most popular stall there. The short opening hour makes it even more tempting to join in the snake queue for a plate.

Finally, I got my chance. Had such a late lunch on Wednesday, I arrived at the hawker centre 2pm. Headed straight to Guan Kee... Happy that it was still opened! But the queue was still there!

Mr Darren joined in the queue while I waited patiently for my Char Kway Teow!

Finally after 20 minutes or so, my plate of sinful lards, kway teow and cockles was before me.







The uncle was really generous with his lards and cockles. I found a total of 5 big pieces of lards and 11 cockles in my $3 plate of char kway teow! Of course, Mr Darren had the honor of eating up all the cockles from my plate.

The after taste in my mouth was sweet. In fact the sweetness lingered on for quite some time which really made my Wednesday afternoon so happy!


Comments