My First Fried Bee Hoon



Decided to do fried Bee Hoon (vermicelli) for lunch today. We went out early to NTUC to get our ingredients. Checked out Noob Cook for recipe since this was my first attempt. I always like her recipes as everything becomes so simple and the best part, she's a local. So definitely, you can get the ingredients she used.




fried bee hoon with cai xin, egg and brown mushrooms



I changed the portion of seasoning accordingly to my portion of bee hoon. The verdict was the texture is right (not too soft or hard). Darren thought the saltiness is also just right but I felt that it would be better with a little tinge of more salt. Also, the next round I do fried bee hoon again, I will throw in my vegetables and mushrooms while the bee hoon is still wet. In this way, I won't have to add more water which diluted my seasoning portions of light and dark soya sauce.





red bean soup with gingko nuts and sago




I ended the meal with red bean soup, again a Noob Cook's recipe. Her recipe is definitely better than mine. This time round, I used pandan leaves to boil with the red beans. Removed the pandan leaves and dried orange peel after the red beans have softened. The taste is much better now, more fragrant. I also love the new taste of having gingko nuts and sago.

I think this is one simple great dessert to make if I have guests over.


Comments