Preschool Selection #3 - Learning Vision



I must say after visiting 3 preschools, Learning Vision @ Fusionapolis impressed me the most.

After I had emailed them, requesting for a visit on one of the April Saturdays, they called me back the next business day and informed me about their open house which was last Saturday 21 April. One day before the open house, I received an sms to remind me of the open house and the program starting at 10.30am.

But on that Saturday, it rained heavily in the morning and Jonathan as usual needed his morning nap around 9am. So we were stuck at home, waiting for the rain to stop and waiting for Jonathan to wake up from his nap. Jonathan eventually woke up at 11.30am and it was then I realized I had 2 missed calls from Learning Vision.

They were polite and not pushy when I returned their call and they said it is still not too late to visit them.

So we went down and reached the centre at 12pm. There were still a handful of parents around when we arrived. We were greeted and led around by their vice principal, Mrs Bala. Their curriculum may not be as strong as Mindchamps but they have their own outdoor play area. It is also one of the smallest preschool we have visited but one of the friendliest we have seen.

Jonathan received plenty of attention and he was of course thrilled to have the older children playing with him. When we left, we were given a small pack of goodies.



The only centre that gives a small goodies bag

Not that I'm after the goodies bag but the gesture was really pleasant. The school had anticipated that many young kids would be there and a goodies bag would put a smile on their face.


Then we were given a free polaroid shot.



camera taking the polaroid photo


We were happy to have a family photo being taken.


That's not the end. On the following Monday (which was yesterday), I received another sms from them. Thanking me for visiting them and they would be happy to answer any further question I might have. And this evening, Ms Benice the principal, called me personally to check if she could help me with any questions I might have.

In the end, we had a good conversation. She is professional, knows clearly her job and her job. She is experienced too, from the way she could answer my questions. She did not over promised but took into consideration what I have suggested.

None of the centers I visited, follow up. The expensive preschool I have visited last month, was too busy to entertain me after their open house.

I think the decision is easy.

What I (or we) like about them

1. passionate teachers
2. very detailed progress report
3. healthy menu
4. outdoor play area (Jonathan would love being at the outdoor)
5. The fact that they get down to the personal level with parents show that their priority was the well-being of the children. The commercial interest in this case was really played down to the minimal by the staff.


The minus point

1. No direct link to the MRT station. The walk from One-North station is about a good 5-10minutes walk. No shelter too so it could be troublesome during rainy days if Darren couldn't pick us up or fetch us there.

2. Small classrooms

Well, Ms Bernice said they have an annual registration exercise in July and she would call me again to check on our interest level again. We shall see if Learning Vision continues to impress us.

Comments