*no title*

Seriously I have no idea what to name for this new post. It is random thoughts I had gathered for the past week.

For example, I have officially stopped breastfeeding on Thursday 8 March. It has been an eventful 6.5 months journey in breastfeeding. The road was not smooth but I'm glad I have persevered on till Jonathan hit 6 month old. With the experience I gathered from this time, I am more aware of what makes breastfeeding work for my 2nd child (if I ever have any).

On Friday morning, I suddenly realized what it meant by Grateful Tuesdays from mum in the making blog. For a while, I thought it was a weekly meeting with fellow Christians. Then it dawned to me it was a thanksgiving day for her. What a meaningful way of remembering God's grace in good times and bad. Indeed, it came in time as I had been flooded with bad news. I don't have a Grateful Tuesday but I will remember to thank God for every big and small things. For example, I'm thankful for Jonathan even though he can be quite a handful at times. Thank God for protecting him because in retrospective, I could have lost him when I failed to notice he was not so active anymore in my tummy.

Today's preacher gave a sermon that hit home. He was so right that been a Christian doesn't make us any better. We are still sinners and it was by God's grace, we are saved. His preaching about the same hands that raised to praise God could be the same hands that abuse wives. Similarly, the mouth which I use to praise God is the same mouth that utter the harshest words. No wonder Jesus said "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean', but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'" (Matthew 15:11)

For those with maids, you probably will agree with me that having maid brings the worst out of you, at least that is so true for me. I never have to scold someone so hard and so much. Sometimes, after all the scoldings, I felt that I am Jerkyll and Hyde. The carnal being in me overpowered the "new creation". Then thoughts of doing away with the maid surfaced. As much as I would like to send her away (for the benefit of my mental health), I could not ignore the fact that she can be handy especially for my mum. Get her to watch over Jonathan while I have my shower or my meal or a toilet break. Now that Jonathan flips, there are so many occasions that he almost rolled himself off my bed which just means I'm stuck with the maid.

Problems are aplenty. Solutions I have none. The only way out is to fix my eyes on Jesus and let His will be done. May deliverance come soon.



Comments