my TROUBLESOME iphone

I got my iphone 4 on Sunday. I thought it would be great after that but iphone 4 showed that even designer phone had its complexity and probems.

I got a whole list of problems that was tagged directly or indirectly to my iphone.

1. In the M1 shope @ IMM, we went to the kiosk to get a Q no. since I was doing a re-contract.
Problem - Kiosk machine flashed error message and said I was not allow to re-contract. What?! I am more than eligible to sign a new contract and upgrade my handset since my contract expired donkey years ago.

Solution - joined the snake queue and get a Q no. manually.

2. It was a good thing that I voiced out to the counter staff #1 that I am on corporate plan and I'm getting an iphone. Because there's an administrative problem.

Problem - Counter staff is not allowed to change customer's plan.

Solution - I had to call 1622 to tell the operator that I need to change my SunSaver plan to the iphone value plan.

3. So I thought that's it. I could go home and be happy with my iphone. Far from it! Since I am using the iphone as my weekend phone, I signed up the multi SIM cards service. This would allow me to use both devices without needing to change over my SIM card. So how do I port my CONTACT over to iphone since iphone uses a microSIM card. Counter staff #2 offered to help me port over.

Problem - my SE kept on hanging until Counter Staff #2 gave up and returned me.

"Sorry. I can't help you."

Huh?! What?! Then how?

Solution - Mr Darren Poh stepped in and offered his invalueable IT service, which saw him trying to make the connection from 5pm to 10pm. Then my iphone got synced with my SE and copied over the same CONTACT.

4. There's not the end. I couldn't use my new SIM card because counter staff #2 said they had a technical problem in their shop. I can only activate my new SIM card the next day after they call and activate. Fine, that's okay with me. So I waited and finally, got a call from them at 11am. After 3 tries, I managed to get my new SIM card activated in my SE phone.

Darren called to tell me my iphone was alive... Yippee!!

Too soon.... because after that, haughty iphone threw a very BIG tantrum.

5. Cannot create account. Cannot sync with my Mac at home. Cannot connect both devices via bluetooth. Cannot transfer my iTune songs to iphone. Too many cannot...

In the end, I had to reset my iphone to factory setting, update its software and firmware. Only then I managed to pair my iphone with Mac but still can't get a connection via bluetooth. Able to transfer my itune songs. Able to download Apps. But unable to delete my photo album in iphone.

Took me another day to google on Mac forums for solution.

Seemed like pair successful doesn't make an auto connection. I need to go into individual device to manual click on "connect to network" which make it a tethering to internet problem.

Any photo album not in the camera roll, pls sync again with your Mac. Unclick sync photo and a prompter would ask you if you would like to delete the album.

I haven't got a chance to try out these 2 methods. For now, iphone 4 sits at home in my pigeon hole. Alone and Isolated!

Comments

Angeline said…
cool...u got iphone 4.... i aso want to get one..waiting for my contract to expire... sianz.. LOL