All that Cooking!


When I have the time, I cook and cook and cook.....

Last long weekend, it was cooking time again...

I decided to do baked mussels. Sometime, somewhere in my blog, someone mentioned I could use Mozzarella cheese for baking.






Doesn't that look great!






It tasted good too, except that it was a little dry. But my guests came like 3 hours later and I had to re-heat my baked mussels which was a totally wrong move. The whole baked mussel was hard like a rock.

So the lesson learnt was to bake just when the guests have arrived. This would ensure that your bake is hot from the oven.


Some months ago, I bought a pack of almond jelly powder and a can of longans. The instruction was to boil 500ml of water and dissolve the whole pack. I didn't have a measuring cup with me. Haha.. this was when the work experience came in. My "agaration" (estimation) of 500ml was close enough to allow my dessert to be just right in texture and taste.







We mixed the longans in the jelly.








And created this long tray of almond jelly with the leftover longans.










Of course, there's the boring but good old veggies. Usually comes with mushrooms since the man likes his mushrooms.








Then I tried to do my baked macaroni again. This time round, I forgot to season my macaroni, so it tasted really bland. But I already thought about how to improve my baked macaroni. Now, I'm just waiting for the next break so I can gather my tools again for another cooking storm.







Comments

Unknown said…
Try a 1:1 mix of mozzarella:parmesan for your baked macaroni and mussels. Will prevent it from being too dry and also bring more taste as parmesan is a bit saltier and flavorsome.