Amidst the uncertainty

The volatile market has impacted my life quite a bit. Definitely, top on my list is job security. Although I am fortunate to have a stable job which is not easily shaken by the economy, Darren is not that fortunate.

He is facing a dilemma and a choice has to be made by Good Friday. Whatever decision is made, it will definitely have some consequences on our wedding, our housing and our future. I don't have any good advice for him, perhaps the best is to confide in God and pray about it.

While he was still pondering his dilemma a while ago in my bedroom, I picked up my old journal, hoping that I could give him some inspiration. So I flipped through the pages and was amazed on the entries I wrote. It was my testimonials, praising God and thanking Him for the trials I faced, for the blessings I received. I read it out loud to Darren and we shared a moment being absorbed and totally wowed by God's amazing grace.

I do hope through this, he will be encouraged and persevered on. I'm sure if we can pull through this situation together with God, our relationship will be made even stronger. Afterall, is not "for better or for worse" part of the marriage vow. I don't think I need to wait till then to honour this vow. What's more in this uncertainty time!

Wherever God guides, God will provide!

Comments