Under House Arrest



Hais... Jonathan came down with the terrible HFMD and 2 days later, I found myself infected as well. It was a double whammy because I, am the one who took all precautions to minimise the chance of the boys getting HFMD in their early childhood, yet in the most prepared defence mechanism, there was still a loophole. And as if it was not enough, I, who didn't like to eat the children's leftover food, decided that day was too hungry and bended the rule. One careless mistake was enough to send me and my boys into "house arrest".


By Day 3, the pain from the ulcers in his mouth was too much for him to bear.


crying in pain


His food and fluid intake dropped from Day 1 onwards and lasted till Day 5 which he managed to start eating and drinking as per normal.


mouth full of ulcers




spots on feet, palms, elbows and knees



His first exposure got the full scale of the nasty virus. I didn't even want to count the number of ulcers in his mouth, because it was just too many to count.



the tiny amount
he ate in one whole day






As for me, God took mercy on me. I only suffered from mouth ulcers. I counted 9 ulcers and 1 on the tongue, and a single spot on my finger. That's about it. I could still eat and drink although I secretly wished I could shed my fat away from this ordeal.



tiny spot


By Day 5, we became too bored. The younger boy was unaffected and my mum could come to take him out for lunch with the helpers. So that's helped a lot!



working on his craft



I gave the elder boy a woody craft to do and told him to settle himself. I wanted to rest from all the cleaning with Dettol. And so he did.




built by himself


He completed the woody craft ship all by himself, with minimal help from me. I am proud of him!


Then of course, the younger one being cooped in the same house as us, with no fault from him. What did he do?


He scribbled numbers, he coloured and he immersed himself in an extra week of holiday with all his train tracks and cars and Lego.


all the numbers.....



colouring


We got our "release paper" today. We promptly celebrated with breakfast and a haircut, followed by an extreme late lunch.


trying to fit himself
into this self made car


Tomorrow will be life as usual... and perhaps usual may not be so bad after all.



Comments