7 is a Lucky number



On 24th February, we welcomed our 7th helper. She's 7th since we started having a live-in helper in 2011. The first 6 helpers were all from Myanmar and only 3rd helper was good enough to last almost 4 years with us. But the last 3 experiences with Burmese helpers really made me sworn off this nationality. It is a big no no now for me to take Burmese helper.

It is also funny how whenever I change a helper, I have to replace some of the household appliances. This round, I had to change my airpot, my frying wok, rice cooker and vacuum cleaner.



My Zojirushi airpot was damaged.
Hopefully,  Tiger can last longer


new Tefal rice cooker




better don't damage the latest
HappyCall frying wok




new vacuum cleaner



So 7th came. First impression of her was rather good. She snipped off her long hair for easier management (suggested she is really serious in earning her keep here) and understood I am a working mummy so I had very little time to orientate her to the routine.

So far so good. No communication barrier, no need to feel frustrated, I am picking up paces in life again, pocket of time to exercise, go for cooking lesson and all. I am keeping my prayer in continuous mode that she is and will always be my good help.


Comments