Salut Twenty-Sixteen!


And so we said goodbye to 2015 and ushered in 2016…. in the stillness of the dark while I was in la la land. I hadn't blogged much in December 2015, in fact, there's only 1 post?! That was rather unusual but looking at the options, blogging sat pretty low in priority.

2015 had been kinder to me. There were quite a few major changes and I couldn't say that my last few days of 2015 went smooth and well for me. Still, there were simple occasions to be thankful for as we transited to 2016.



Matt's Inside Out Birthday Cake

The youngest in the family celebrated his 3rd birthday with an Inside Out theme. I was totally awed by this creation by Cloud9 and was glad to hear the birthday boy exclaimed "Inside Out, my favourite!" There was no big party, just a lunch gathering with my family and a simple school celebration.


Looking so grown-up


School celebration took place in his new class, no longer the toddlers in N1 Clover but moving onwards as preschoolers in N2 Daisy.



Simple Rainbow Cake


Matthew is the youngest in his whole class and it was quite daunting to think that he just turned 3 and in a N2 class. No longer being treated like toddlers, preschoolers are expected to be independent, no more milk bottle and diaper and of course, stretching them academically.


Almost the whole class, except for a girl

Another new set of challenges to overcome in 2016…


We also had our last staycation for the year with Hard Rock Hotel at Sentosa. The boys were excited and went wild with "no school restriction". We did nothing much except swim, eat, sleep.



Favourite Photo of the Year


We spent half a day at Adevnture Cove which God had blessed us with cloudy weather. It only started to rain after we left. We paid $45 in total for this photo, taken by Adventure Cove staff. This photo was printed and framed in an acrylic frame and the rest of the 14 soft copies were returned to us in a CD. Hubby thought it was overpriced and the photographs were definitely expensive. But hey, I thought this was a pretty good shot of us and it was hard to take a photo together as family. So expensive but worth it.


Here's why I'm willing to pay for the photos



In this new 2016, I started with a bigger screen…. my new rose gold 128GB iPhone 6+.


Glowing in darkness

I'm still settling with the new phone and the major technical glitch was the failure of launching my photo stream. Trying to google online for a solution didn't bring much success. Besides getting the new phone to function as I would like, I am not too pleased with the new helper. She's 2 weeks into the job and she managed to make my blood pressure raise. So it's ether she would only last 7 months to pay off her loan and we say bye to her or she made it to the 2 years term with us. Ether way, I'm pretty sure she is the last helper I am going to employ. 

With the weekend in sight, it also meant that my lull period at work is coming to an end. Come next Monday, I couldn't be so dilly dally going to work. Problems at work need to be sorted out. Battles need to be continued. If there's a theme for 2016, "Prayerful Twenty-Sixteen" would probably be it. 

I would need a lot of divine intervention in this 2016 and being prayerful would be my best calming pill to tide over the storm.


Comments

Angeline said…
Wow...finally saw ur blog update! Cheer up and b positive ok? =) As what u have mentioned,be prayerful cos We can't but God can! Nothing is impossible with our Abba Father's intervention ^^ Amen! May u and ur family have a Shalom, fulfilling and exciting 2016.
Les Pommes said…
Thank you Angeline! You have always been so positive!