Halting Start


There was a rampant outbreak of the dreadful H……. Hand Foot Mouth Disease (HFMD) in the children's preschool. The boys stayed home for most of January as a result. This was bad because we needed to take leaves to stay home with them too. Staying home is problematic because they need to exhaust their energy wisely, else there would be endless troubles.

So I started to assign homework daily to keep their morning occupied.



practice writing






small boy also not spare from writing practice



Thankfully my mum came over to help so she could supervise the boys doing their 笔画 practice and either one of us will guide them in Phonics.


Since I had to be home, spring cleaning was completed early this year and the boys are ready to usher in Chinese New Year.


lucky them


The boys are blessed to be wearing Chateau de Sable label for this festive season. That's because there is an outlet at IMM which I stumbled upon one weekend.


However, the maid remains a big question mark in our life.





It is a real challenge to train her into the required routine, not so much of language barrier but immaturity. She really looks too underage to be here and behaved like a princess at times. I was on the verge of giving up but holding back because long term wise, we still need a 3rd person to be home.


Hais.. I really don't have much maid luck and this is definitely stressing me out. When the domestic department doesn't run smooth, there's no way I can work in peace. Sigh! Do give me tips on selecting good help.



Comments