Maidless June Part 2


It is almost coming to the end of a month and can't believe that we could actually survive without a maid to help us.

With a maid, it is certainly very convenient. Without one, everything is on our own and it does build up tension sometimes especially when I get hot and sweaty, my mood turns fiery.

But this month without the maid and an overseas vacation highlighted a few points.

1. It is hard for me to teach the boys because I am so consumed by the number of housework chores I need to complete. Hence, if I'm going to be a SAHM, a part time cleaner is required so I don't get myself stuck with the endless houseworks and in the end, don't spend enough time with the boys.

2. I need to build a strong mummy support network.














Yesterday I brought Matthew to Polliwog @ Vivocity. It was Matt's 3rd time to an indoor playground. I realised that he didn't know what to do, unlike my friend's son (same age as Matt). He was much more agile and has a good motor skill development. In this kind of playdate, I get to speak to fellow mummies and learnt from each other.



3. I need to learn how to cook dinner faster.



salmon, tofu, butternut squash porride

If I'm home, I usually cook porridge for the boys as dinner. But I need an hour before the porridge is done. If I'm going to be a SAHM, I can't just cook porridge as dinner all the time. I need to have varieties and dinner has to be done fast.



4. Husband's support and understanding


Seriously if I need to work in the day and then rush off to various locations to pick up the boys, by the time we reach home, it would be almost 8.30pm. Not much time to do housework and also to teach the boys anything. So the spouse has to step in. Even then, we are all exhausted by the time we get the boys to bed.

So would the husband think then since the wife is at home, he need not contribute in housework?

This issue has to be ironed out before the journey as SAHM begins otherwise, the marriage is probably under a lot of tension.


Having said all these, I appreciate this chance to experience life as SAHM and also as a FTWM without helper. It gives me a different perspectives and helps me to weigh out the pros and cons of different situation. So come 1st July, the decision will be made.


Comments