with flowers, i do.


14 February 2014 was such a special day. Not only it was Valentine's Day which couples celebrated their love. We also called it a Friendship day which I thanked God for 3 very special friends that He put them into my life. Then 14 February also coincided with the Chinese 元宵节 which was the 15th day of the Lunar month. If you hadn't noticed, 14 February 2014 written in the DDMMYYYY format was 14022014. Repeated numbers 1402 and 2014. How often do we get such coincidence? Perhaps never again.

Hence, it was not surprising that I woke up to my FB news feed flooded with surprises from their significant others. As for me, I didn't expect anything from erhm... the husband. My office lunch kakis have joked that our husbands' romantic traits had gone with the wind the day we signed on the dotted lines.

Yet, he surprised me this little bouquet of Gerberas, in bright red no less.

He said this was not a last minute purchase and he had started looking out for flowers since Wednesday. But none was to his satisfactory hence only these 3 handpicked bright red Gerberas made it to my hand.






It isn't easy to maintain a marriage. It gets more challenging when the children comes into the picture. Very often, the wife will put herself as a mother and neglect the husband. It is certainly not easy to remember that I was a wife first before a mother.

I try to close one or both eyes when things get messed up because he didn't pay attention to the nitty gritty. In those moments, I would just keep quiet and breathe and remember why we were compatible. His weakness was my strength and my weakness became his strength. That's how we complement each other.

In moments like this, I also like to focus on his good point... that is at least he did tried to help but just couldn't meet my expectation. So in instances that he surprised me, all is forgiven.

Comments

Angeline said…
Well-said, Joyce!