Credit Card Fraud

Yesterday morning, I received a phone call on my mobile. Usually when my hands are tied, I don't pick up incoming calls. For some unknown reasons, I actually removed my double layer gloves to pick up this call. Thank God for that instinct!

UOB Bank called. The staff was quick to introduce himself and then straight down to business. He asked if I had permitted this overseas transaction to this unknown party. The transaction amount was in Euro dollars. After confirming with me that this was an unauthorised transaction through my UOB credit card, he reassured me that this transaction would be void. He also adviced moi to stop using my UOB credit card and wait for a new card. Meanwhile, UOB swiftly blocked my existing card.

Everything happened very fast and I was in rush for most of yesterday. It was only until 9pm, that I managed to call back the bank to verify that morning call was authentic.

Come to think of it, UOB has impressed me with their banking service. I remembered the day I bought my expensive french furniture. I swapped the card for my purchase and promptly I received a SMS to notify moi that this transaction in this amount was taking place. Ah... the bank is quick to pick up an "outlier" in my expenditure habit.

I must say again, I'm impressed and thereby, announced that moi would be a faithful UOB customer from now.

Comments