Mind Can Conquer

The mind is definitely the most powerful tool. The will to excel, the perseverance, the tolerance are nothing but fraction of powerful thoughts produced by our brain.

This evening I was provoked, spitefully or not, I decided to go for a run after my teaching. I was amazed by the sudden onset of stamina I had. Hey hey, I am never a regular runner and running after the bus would left me exhausted for a morning. Yes, that's how badly out of shape I am.

So I ran and ran and ran. The distance was not great but I felt great! The first lap around my estate saw me almost giving up and contemplating to do a brisk walk instead. But I pushed on and ran a complete 2 rounds. At one point, I thought about elite athletics dropping dead and I wonder if the same thing would happen to me. My heart was beating like crazy and I was panting to the point I thought all the oxygen was fully utilized.

Okay, so I survived the run. My mind conquer my weakness! And indeed season marathoner would have said, it's not about the stamina or the strength. It's all about the mind power to conquer!

Comments