O.C.T.O.B.E.R


It has been more than a month since my last update. Too many things had happened during this period, there had been good and bad. But in all circumstances, I have learnt to be patient in affliction, faithful in hope and joyful in prayer.

October is the Halloween month and we managed to make a trip to the Garden by the Bay during one of the Sunday evenings. Pumpkins, pumpkins and more pumpkins. GBTB dressed themselves up according to each occasion.






GBTB



Then there was a birthday party invite where little rabbit was used in the magic show. What a surprise! It was our first time, watching real rabbit magic show. the host told me that there are only 2 magicians that are licensed to have rabbits in their shows.



real rabbit for magic show


Of course, this year in the lunar calendar, Mid-Autumn festival fell on 4th October and the boys' preschool held a small celebration and we got to visit their classrooms again.




mid-autumn festival celebration 


The elder boy is going to graduate soon and entering Primary One. Well, we are all excited and who won't? 


marching into the next milestone


Before we went for our holiday, I learnt to bake a strawberry shortcake and discovered that cakes are made mainly with cream and more cream....



my maiden attempt


My ABC cooking studio package is ending next year and maybe I will continue or maybe I won't. Freelance instructors were hired to cope with their growing members and honestly, I do not think such arrangement helps in the lesson quality.


Finally...  we travelled to Japan. For me, it was a siginificant achievement. I planned the itinerary, booked the hotels and managed to pull it off even though it was my first time traveling to Japan. Everyone loved the trip, the cooling autumn weather and the delicious food. 




Magic of Disney 



who can resist?



Queued in the rain for
almost an hour for this


The Japan trip created lots of fond memories for us.. and this just have to be blogged in details to recount the wonderful memories.


For now... October has been merciful to us and each family trip brought us closer, teaching us new things we thought we know, creating fond memories for the future.



splendid view Lake Ashi (Hakone)

Comments