Full Privacy!


20 January 2017 - I sent the maid home, right after her loan was paid up. Her expression, she couldn't wait to leave my place too, aha mutual agreement. Just that she didn't know if we were sending her to agency or back to her hometown.

6 February 2017 - I received my liability discharge letter from MOM. That rounded up my 5 years of employing Myanmar maids, 6 of them in total. With this last one, I am not going to employ another from this Nationality again. The experience with them got from good to bad to worst.

So from the day we sent her to airport, we were on our own since then. The children were not used to having no one to pick up after them initially, especially Matthew. He has been asking when is the new Auntie coming. As for us, the week before CNY really shacked me to the max. After that, I guess we got a hang of the routine and smoothen out some of our personal preferences to make way for more important things.

We got the Xiao Mi robot to vacuum our floor which we set on timer and it helped heaps! Once we reach home, the man will settle the kids while I proceed to unpack their school bags, pack for next day. Then it's mopping. By then, the kids would have eaten their dinner, bathed and ready for me to start our daily revision.

The weather has been kind to me too... with strong wind and cooling weather. Cooling weather keeps my temper at bay. Jonathan has been very sweet too, offering his help because he said I have too many things to do.

Maid-less days are no longer scary to me, to us. Initially I felt overwhelmed and wasn't sure if it was a good decision to delay the new incoming maid arrival. Now I am glad I bite the bullet and just swim along.

Without maid, the children have learnt that they must keep their toys themselves. When I am busy with the chores and not ready for them, they have learnt to take a story book and read quietly. Without maid, I have learnt not to be so fixated on not-so-important matter. Without maid, the man in the house adjusted himself to take up some cleaning chores.

Without maid, the family has no one but to rely on ourselves to get things done. This is good because it unites the family even stronger.

I have another 2 more weeks of fully privacy in my house before another stranger comes along into our life. But I know for sure, if thing does not work out again with the new help, we will just do without  a live-in maid. That relieves some of the anxieties of employing a new help.

Wish me luck, lotsa of it!

Comments

Angeline said…
Good luck!