Child #2


The N1 progress report of Matthew was returned to us today. I scanned through the comments and the checklist marked. He fared a lot better than his elder brother at the same age. I don't think that's because he was smarter or what, I would attribute to the fact that whatever he was learning in school, was in fact his second time hearing it.



is that an ukulele?




When I revised the work with the elder boy, the younger boy would probably pick it up too. So when it comes to the younger one's turn, it becomes his 2nd time hearing it again. So I believe this is the main factor why Matthew seems to pick up new skill or new word faster.



enjoying his craft work time



However as child #2 and the youngest in the family, he needs to learn to be more independent. He is also a fussy eater, probably resulted being spoon-fed most of the time. So he learnt to manipulate the adults in giving him what he likes to eat instead.



what a big xylophone


I am beginning to appreciate them being so close in age. While it seems that Matthew has an advantage when it comes to learning, I feel that Jonathan can reap in some benefits as well. Now that both are attending Berries Chinese enrichment, the elder boy gets to revise the N2 words again. It is kind of a win-win situation for me. The elder boy has consistent revision of taught lessons while the younger boy gets pre-empt to what comes next for him.



seasoned scissor cutter


Looking at the returned photos of Matthew, he looked like he is enjoying school very much and I like what I have seen so far, in term of creativity and approaches the teachers had to make learning an enjoyable journey. Perhaps this is the main reason why the boys are still in the same preschool. Their candid smiles showed they are enjoying themselves in school.


Comments