“ 羊 ” 梅吐气



I haven't been so excited about Chinese New Year for quite a long while. Given that I had a tough 2014, it is no wonder that I look forward to 2015 and Chinese New Year.


I also finally have my wish and got my own pussy willow ( 银柳 ).



Welcoming the Spring


I thought I almost couldn't make my wish come true as the search for the right vase took a long time. We went Ikea, several Pasar Malam (night markets) and even Lim's Arts at Holland Village. Then my mum recalled that she got hers from Thow Kwang… one of the remaining 2 Jurong Kilns left and I'm so glad they are now listed under the Singapore Heritage Board.

So last Sunday while the kids napped, Darren drove me down to the Pottery Gallery. It was quite a rustic place with thousands of clay pottery in all sorts of form. It was there that I found my vase at the price I wanted.



Fishes in the Lotus Pond

It was retailed at $68 and the owner's final price was $60 which was quite a steal. Although this is not hand painted but rather printed on, I don't think this is a good time for me to invest on a $250 vase, hand painted on a rainy Summer scene. Any accident from the boys would be quite a heart pain for me.


The boys are home today. The older boy is recovering from a bout of stomach flu while the younger one is wheezing with a phlegmy cough. But they seemed to have soak up the CNY mood and we managed to do this art craft before their nap.


炮竹


Now they are older, it is quite wonderful to do some art n crafts with them. They listen to instructions better and have better patience and focus too. Their crackers will be on display to welcome the CNY!



红包


This year my company gave out some real nice 红包, velvety fabric with classics spring flower  design.  But the queue to the bank to get new notes was bad. Yesterday when I rushed down to Holland Village during lunch hour, I was dismayed to find out that DBS & OCBC had run out of new notes. The good thing was I have a Standard Chartered account and the queue was manageable. On hindsight, local banks attracted long queues and having account in other banks is useful in this instance.




Agar Cake 


This year, we sent this CNY theme agar cake over to MindChamps. Jon is lucky to have good teachers for his N2 and I hope the hardworking teachers and staff would enjoy this sweet treat. I got this agar cake from JN Kitchen and for a 9" and in this theme, I was quoted $55. Reasonable though delivery was another $15.


With one week less to go, I guess I'm ready for the 羊! Huat ah!!


Comments