Smile! We are on Candid Camera!


23 May 2012


Okay, we are not exactly on candid camera but we were definitely on a camera. This story began on 21 April 2012 when we attended the Learning Vision open house. Thereafter, we went to Harbourfront for Jonathan's weekly swim. Just as we were to return home, Darren spotted a Canon booth and edged me to take free photos with Jonathan.

When we went closer, we then learnt that they were there to take free photos for mum and babes and then submitted the photos to Today's Parents for a photo contest.

I was not too keen to take as I didn't put on any makeup and we (all of us) were dressed too causally, plus Jonathan was getting very tired from his swim. But Darren kept telling me to go ahead, citing that it is FREE. So okay, the ladies at the booth were very nice (all thanks to Jonathan). They allowed us to take multiple shots and even printed 3 photos for us (2 were a family shot, and the last was to submit for the contest).




The photo that was selected to be one of the 6 finalists


2 weeks ago, as I was checking my yahoo mail, I spotted an email from the organizer. Initially I thought it was spam mail, I almost deleted without checking. Somehow the email got to be read by me. Wow! Our photo was selected to be one of the six finalists for the contest.

We were requested to make an appearance at their office on the 23 May to do a short video. This was to introduce ourselves and the edited video will make its way to the organizer Facebook page.




a screenshot of us doing the video


When I told people of this contest, everyone encouraged me to go for it. The reason being, it is not like everyday, you get to participate in a contest. So okay... here we were, on the 23 May, we made a trip down to their office to get the video done.




a not very co-operative Jonathan


We did a total of 2 runs. Mainly because I didn't know what to say. Also, Jonathan was fidgeting all the time.

Afterwhich, we were told that we would be informed when the video made it to FB and the contest details would be printed in their June/ July issue. As for the finale event, it would be on 24 June at United Square. Timing to confirm at later date but we were told to report early, as the event people would be teaching us where and how to walk.

To be honest, I'm getting cold feet everyday about the contest but everyone seems to think it's a lifetime experience and I should just go for it. I only hope it won't be too chaotic on that day and Jonathan gets to rest in between.

Will do a shootout when the video is up and running.




Comments

Angeline said…
Yes, i totally agree! U should take part too! =)