December : Came and Gone!


At the beginning of December, I was lamenting how fast my maternity leave had come to an end and in a flash! We are now approaching the end of December and the year 2011.

2011 is really such a blessed year for me! I got all my 3 wishes come true by God's grace - a cutie baby, a doting husband and a promotion at work. In fact, God's goodness and love extended to more than just 3 wishes. Both daddy and baby got baptized on Christmas day and we had such an eventful Christmas this year that ended at KKH.






Jonathan - enjoying his tummy time at 3month +


Jonathan is definitely a happy baby. At 4 month old now, he still couldn't flip over on his own and will get angry if we try to help him. But his neck and back muscles are getting stronger as each day passes by. He could do his tummy time better now.





Jonathan - having his first experience with a wedding dinner


Jonathan had his first taste of attending a wedding dinner on the 16th Dec. We decided to bring him along to attend my cousin's wedding. Because it was a success, I decided we should attend Angeline's wedding together as a family too. Alas! In a twist of unexpected circumstances, we were forced to abandon this plan. I feel so apologetic towards Angeline and Jason, until now :(


The story of our eventful Christmas goes like this....


On 24 Dec, I developed a headache and 2 normal panadols did not work for me. It appeared that I was having a flu although I had my flu vaccination done 3 weeks ago.

On 25 Dec 3am, Jonathan started coughing really bad. He coughed so hard until he woke up crying and he started sneezing with running nose. We were so caught off guard with his sudden sickness. Not knowing what to do except comforting him, we waited till morning 10am and called KKH hotline. The nurse advised us to send him to KKH since he was not drinking well and appeared to be drowsy.

I prayed for God's intervention as both Darren and Jonathan were to be baptized together. We were deliberating whether to go ahead with the baptism. Then at the last hour, Jonathan appeared to be all well. So we bundled him and whisked him off to his baptism.





Baptism by Water Sprinkling


We barely made it in time for the baptism. Sneaked in when the service started. It was truly a special moment for the family.





Father and son waiting to be called into membership


After baptism, we made a quick exit and dashed home. All was well at home too until 6pm. I had showered, put on my makeup and changed. Jonathan had his milk and while I was bathing him, he coughed so badly until he vomited.

We were in dilemma to go for the wedding dinner or not.

At first, we thought we just made a quick appearance. But the moment we wanted to step out of the house, Jonathan started to have fever. A decision needed to be made. So we changed out and brought Jonathan to KKH. It was a long wait at KKH, by the time we seen the doc, collected the medicine, it was 11pm when we reached home.





At 4 month old exact!


What a way to spend Xmas! Just hope that Jonathan will make a speedy recovery... he is still coughing and sniffing.

Comments